Thursday 27 April 2017

Destiny 1234


Exactly the same process with this 12" x 12" piece of mdf board and modelling paste.


A coat of tinting base.


I used the media sprays for the background, drying inbetween different colours.


Using sand paper I sanded back over the modelling paste.


Flicked on some white chalky paint.


Outlined the stencil and filled it in again as before.


Placed the stencil back over the image and used black gesso through it.


Added a word and some numbers through a stencil and outlined with white Posca pen. Outlined the edge with black pen.


And taken outside which reflects the true colours.

7 comments:

Helen said...

This is gorgeous Sam!! I love the stencilled skull, and the white flicks are fab.

chrissie said...

Great background for the skull Sam. It stands out so well with the White

Love Chrissie xx

Sue said...

I really like this Sam xx

Amanda said...

fab make
Love
Amanda X

Sandy said...

Ohhhhh - scary and beautiful - good job!
sandy xx

Kirsten said...

I love it, the colours are gorgeous and the skull is great.

craftimamma said...

I think I must be imagining leaving comments, lol! Either that or I'm getting mixed up with comments on FB.

It's great to see what you are doing with all the MDF stuff we got. Needless to say I haven't done anything with mine so far! The technique with the stencils is brilliant and this one worked particularly well. Looks fab on that background too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Blog Archive