Sunday 23 April 2017

Indian Tag Book


Today I was lucky enough to go to a workshop not far from me near Lincoln at a place called Needle and Thread.


It's an absolutely fabulous venue with perfect views.


And fortunately for us, it was a gorgeous day.


More green fields, trees and a lovely blue sky.


This is where the workshops are held, there are two rooms.


The workshop was taken by Angie Hughes, a textiles artist who is absolutely lovely and so down to earth as well as being a fantastic teacher.


So this is sort of what we were aiming for by the end of the session.


This is Angie giving us some instruction before we start.


And getting enthusiastic about it all!!


So off we went to choose some fabric for the front of our tags.


Next some instruction on how to use the sewing maching and a quick demo.


And Emma having a close up look!


Collecting bits of fabric, some stamping, images, sari ribbon and foil to start to build up the tags.


Layering the bits and bobs to build up the tags.



As you can see, there was plenty of stuff to choose from and play with.

11am was coffee / tea and cake time. Top one is strawberry and the bottom one is tahini and dark chocolate.


The lovely lady on the right stood up is Jan. She kept us supplied with teas and coffees all day.


And this is Angie sat in my chair next to Emma, sewing some metalic thread around a circle for me on one of my tags!


And this is Sally, the lady who organises it all. Behind her there is an embroidery class going on.

I will be back at some point to show you my finished tags, once I've finished them!!!

6 comments:

Helen said...

oh Sam, that looks a fabulous day! looking forward to seeing the finished tags later!

Lin said...

Wow looks a great class can't wait to see your finished pieces xx

chrissie said...

Looks like a great day with lots of new ideas Sam. Can't wait to see what new ideas you got from it. Bet there are loads with your own twist ofcourse

Love Chrissie xx

craftimamma said...

Looks wonderful Sam. I think yesterday's workshop would have been more my cup of tea but this still looks pretty awesome. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sandy said...

You are so lucky - I would love to take a class like this but alas, nothing near me. Just the desserts would make a fantastic day for me!
sandy xx

Kirsten said...

Looks like a fun day and those cakes look amazing.

Blog Archive