Monday 4 February 2013

Traci Bautista



Emma paid a birthday visit to AftH on Thursday to take a journal class with the lovely Kate Crane.  Little did I know that she was scheming and she bought this wonderful Traci Bautista stamp for me. I'd been pondering over ever since I saw it at Stampington.


Using white as the background colour I spray the Dylusions squeezed orange and let it drip.  I stamped the TB image in purple stazon down the left hand side and top right, and just using the scribble for bottom right, I inked up in black stazon.  I edged the tag in seedless preserve distress ink.


I used a kraft coloured tag for this one and coloured it with various shades of pinks, purples and blues in pan pastels.  I used a circle stencil and used white pan pastel, then bumped it with a light blue shade. I stamped in black stazon using parts of the stamp.


And finally I made an atc and used the top script from the same stamp and the background is lightly stamped in purple stazon.  The main image and the bottom text is from the PaperArtsy Wings #2 plate.  The reason for this is because over at the PanPastelUK blog, they have a theme of animals, so I thought the funky chicken fitted in well!!

Have to say that these are lovely stamps but are a bit Dina Wakley-ish, even down to the packaging!!!

14 comments:

Pinksparklegirl said...

Glad you like it x

Emma

anon said...

Aww shes lovely to think of you!!! An such wonderful creations too!!! xxx

Deborah said...

Fab stamp, you lucky thing!

The ATC would also fit your text theme at paperplay?

Amanda said...

Been eyeing those up myself, some nice results, enjoy
Love
Amanda x

Carol Q said...

really nice stamp Sam and love what you've done with it.

Jenny Marples said...

I can see why you wanted this stamp Sam!! Love what you've done with it too. Hugs, Jenny x

fairy thoughts said...

great tags, especially the colouring and the funkey chicken
janet

Marianne said...

This is so typical you!! Lovely artwork Sam!
xxx Marianne

Chris said...

Fab stamp, Sam and love what you've created with it. Love, love that orange spray.

Aren't you the lucky one :)

Chris xx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow... it's a stunning stamp, and I love each of the projects you've created so far... That middle tag is so glorious!! How long can I hold off from the Pan Pastels...?!
Alison xx

chrissie said...

Looks like a very versatile stamp in the right hands Sam :) Love what you have made with.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Claire said...

Wow love your new stamp, what a fab pressie. You've put it to good use already, that funky chicken is fab too. Thanks so much for joining us at PanPastel UK this week and good luck in the prize draw
Claire xx

Cath Wilson said...

That's a great stamp, Sam - lucky you to have such lovely friends x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous tags, love the colours and your new stamp looks awesome. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Blog Archive