Friday 15 February 2013

Locked Up


Over at Out of a Hat Creations this week they are asking for birds and/or butterflies.  I don't normally like birds but for some reason I love the row on the TH plate I recently bought.  I also wanted to use the remaining stamp off the blue print industrial stamp plate.

Using the techniques shown by Helen over on this weeks PaperArtsy blog, this time I chose a different technique and scrunched a piece of crunchy waxed kraft paper, unfolded it and painted it with a blend of haystack, Christmas pudding and Irish cream.  I scrunched it up again and rubbed over it with black stazon to hi-lite the creases.  I stamped the image 3 times and painted the acetate layer with nougat.  The corrugated cardboard strip across the bottom is stamped with black stazon and lightly coloured with Irish cream and added 3 metal buttons.  

9 comments:

chrissie said...

A very interesting tag Sam--I didn't know what to look at next lol. Always like the way you use crunched up wax paper-this way is very interesting.

Love the way you used your Birds on a Wire and it fits in great with the 'Hatter's' Challenge for this week.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Marianne said...

Love the stamp of the birds too and what a great idea to lock them up :0
Great weekend!!
Hugs,
Marianne

Carol Q said...

love it Sam.

Sue said...

Fab tag Sam x

Words and Pictures said...

What a cool use of the lock, and I love those birds perched along the top! Fab buttons too...
Alison x

Janet said...

Fabulous tag Sam,love all the stamps you have used
Thanks for joining us at Out of a Hat
Janet x

Gillian .... said...

Fab tag Sam, loving the highighted areas on the wax paper, cool!x

Ann said...

Absolutely Love this tag Sam, fabulous technique with the kraft wax paper!!
Ann xx

Alison said...

This is fantastic, I love that image! xxx

Blog Archive