Saturday 2 February 2013

PaperArtsy Inspired Frame


Gillian has completed this months techniques over at the PaperArtsy Blog.  Check out here for the full technique.  I used a 15 cm square shadow box but took the back off.  I more or less prepared the frame the same was as shown. 

 I used the Crafters Workshop, Antiquities stencil with texture paste.  A mixture of limelight, hey pesto, honey dew and guacamole greens and baltic blue, south pacific and beach hut blues and snowflake and nougat to mix them.

As I didn't have the wood to put in the hole, I used the thick plastic what came with the shadow box.  I stamped the image from the LP #10 plate and painted it from the reverse using the same colours as above.  I stamped the mini script #44 on the frame in baltic blue and used olive bronze, sapphire and renaissance treasure gold to hi-light the texture pasted areas.  I went around the edges both inside and out with a very fine layer of baltic blue. 


I decided that the two pieces didn't combine very well and the face was way too stark white.  So I used black stazon and the mini script stamp again to stamp around the edges of the plastic and the face.  To extend this, I carried it through in a few areas onto the frame.


Still not being a 100% happy with it, I went back to it this morning and added some gems and some white pen!!!


15 comments:

Helen said...

you've obviously had a much more productive afternoon than me!! Love it.

Deborah said...

That's a great stencil, Sam, and looks really good on the frame.

Cath Wilson said...

Love this frame, Sam and the colours are gorgeous x

Marianne said...

You got really inspired at the Paper Artsy blog! You made some wonderful things. I love this Frame!
xxx
Marianne

Chris said...

You've been very busy since I last called round! :o)

Loving all your PA projects, fabulous colours, images and techniques.
xx

froebelsternchen said...

fabulous ! wonderful colors !
xxx Susi
FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY
MOO-MANIA-CHALLENGE

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! I can definitely see the inspiration piece in your lovely project!

Carol Q said...

yep... I can see where your inspiration came from Sam. lovely work. have you seen Leandra's new video too? I now need all the Lynn Perella stamps! lol

Words and Pictures said...

Another great version of the PaperArtsy inspiration pieces... The frame especially is fabulous - great colours and textures. That Antiquities stencil is one of my favourites and looks great here!
Alison x

PaperArtsy said...

Looks awesome. Every little detail. Fab-u-lous

Evil Edna said...

strokable.EE

chrissie said...

You've definitely nailed this Sam it looks amazing. The colours you have used are so right together

Love Chrissie xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Sam, I love the stamping over her face and the gems finish her off nicely. I really like this stencil, one to add to my wish list xx

Jenny Marples said...

Love this stencil (one of my favs) and you have really made it work well on this frame. Love the colour layering as it makes the central image really jump out. Hugs, Jenny x

hazel said...

Fantastic frame Sam - gorgeous colours.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive