Thursday 7 February 2013

Red, Pink & White


Yes, that does say PINK in the title!!!  Over at Stampotique this week, they have a colour challenge, red, pink and white.  As you can imagine, I don't have much pink but I decided to experiment with what I did have.  This postcard is a blend of magenta and permanent red pan pastels. I used a stencil and an eraser to rub out random circles to reveal the white.  I stamped Daniels hearts in white and then went over them again with a white posca pen.  I stamped Heart Throb onto a separate piece of card, coloured him in with a range of pinks and reds from the distress marker set.  Gave him a crown and some sparkly gems.


I sprayed a blob of dylusions fuschia ink onto the tag and let it drip.  Stamped the string of hearts in blaze red stazon down the left and a swirl bottom right.  The main image, newt with lunch box, was stamped separately and coloured with distress marker pens.


I used raspberry pickle distress stain on these two tags as I swiped it across one, spritzed it with water and placed the second one on top of it and squished them together.  I stamped Daniels hearts in blaze red stazon.  Heart boy was stamped separately and again coloured with distress markers.


And finally I stamped the bla, bla, bla and the splatters with red stazon.  Daniel's tree topper (scary Mary) was stamped on a separate piece of card and coloured with distress ink markers.  She didn't get a crown!!

Over at Simon Says Stamp they have a theme of 'have a heart' so been as though every one of these pieces has a heart, I'm entering over there too!!!

Happy Daze have a theme of 'love is all around' for this months challenge, so I'm entering over there as well!!

19 comments:

Helen said...

I love these tags, but wow, pink!!

Sue said...

Sam you have so much pink it's obviously a favourite colour lol. These are awesome tags and some great techniques, love the dribble! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique Designers Challenge. Sue xx

Marianne said...

Lovely PINK creations. Love them all!! HUgs,
Marianne

Alison said...

Fantastic pink artwork Sam! Could be the start of something?! xxx

Kay Wallace said...

Absolutely great series of tags, Sam! I have difficulty with pink, too, but managed to get it done for this challenge! Gorgeous blog, too!

Amanda said...

Fab selection of tags, I bet you're all pinked out now? Lol
Love
Amanda x

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Great tags, you have been bussy with ;-) Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique. XOXO

Words and Pictures said...

So... pink... and I really love them - what are you doing to me?! Fab tags, Sam!!
Alison x

chrissie said...

I thought I'd gone to the wrong blog when I saw lots of pink lol.

All the tags are brill but the first one made me laugh--there is often some humour in your work that I love.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Jenny Marples said...

Huge cheers for these Sam. Think the first one is my favourite. Yes, you can do pink! (and very well too:) Hugs, Jenny x

Anonymous said...

I love all these, they are wonderful... but pink happens to be my favourite colour (especially HOT pink!).

maria f. said...

Love the blobs and splatters BG and the humorous Stampotique stamps. Great heart day combo.

Sam & Poppy said...

They're all gorgeous Sam, I think you should use pink more often!
Wishing you a lovely weekend, Sam xx

Sam & Poppy said...

I also meant to say thanks so much for joining in with us Stampotique this week xx

Magda said...

Oh my, so many fantastic tags!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique challenge!
Magda :)

hazel said...

I love all your pink creations.
xxx Hazel.

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous tags.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

salamanda said...

Gorgeous selection of tags and images.

Libby Hickson said...

Such a fab group of tags, love them all!! Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge!

Blog Archive