Over at the PaperArtsy blog this week Michelle is back with a wooden house. I didn't have a house so I used the back part off the shadow box I'd recently done the frame with here. It was rather spooky actually as I'd used beach hut and south pacific on it just to clean the brush from the frame. For details of the full technique see here.
Unfortunately I don't have the butternut, so instead I used pumpkin soup, which was my first mistake, I would of been better using haystack. You see I went for a colour match, when I should of gone for a like for like paint. Butternut is opaque and has high coverage as does the haystack, but the pumpkin soup is translucent and has low coverage. Never mind, I'm learning as I go along and I'd already put it on top of the crackle glaze and once it's on, there's nothing you can do, except remember for next time!! I don't have burnt umber and I couldn't find it in the range either so I used brown shed instead. It looks nothing like it should, but I'm actually quite pleased with the way it's come out.
Part 2 of the technique shown the following evening, was to actually fill the box and embellish.
The background is from the Urban Snapshot Arched Apertures plate #3 stamped in saddle brown stazon. I added a light bulb and a cog stuck over a mini spool to give depth. The letters 'fly' are cut from the T!m Holtz word play die and coloured with baltic blue and brown shed fresco paint.
The main image was stamped twice in black stazon from the ink and the dog, dolls #1 plate. I mounted the first image onto a couple of idea-ology pins and mounted other parts of the same image over the top to hide them. I also added a pen nib to the base.
The wings are cut from a Sizzix die and painted in haystack with a light coat of brown shed. Learnt my lesson from above!!