Tuesday 13 August 2013

Take Time


Frances second project on the PA blog which you can see here is all about time.  I covered a piece of chipboard with T!m's tissue paper, coloured it with hey pesto fresco paint and when dry used the Tando cogs stencil with grunge paste.


Once dried, I coloured the cogs with the green shades of portfolio pastels and smudged them with my finger.  I also added zesty zing, limelight and smoked paprika fresco to the background.


Using the tiny circles stencil and the darkest green portfolio I added some circles to the bottom corner.


I die cut the weathered clock from chipboard and slapped some grunge paste on.


Once dried I coloured it in French roast and then I mixed some pewter with hey pesto and sponged that over the top.  Once dry, I sanded back as France did on the heart on project one.

Added the T!m strip die flowers, along with a bit of black portfolio pastel to the cogs to further distress them, stamped over them in black stazon and stamped the quote from Clocks #3.  Onyxite treasure gold was applied to the clock hands and frame edges.

Simon Says Stamp Monday have a theme of make the cut, so I'm entering with this piece.

Wow, this make was spotlighted on the Simon Says Challenge above!!

26 comments:

Pinksparklegirl said...

you do know there are flowers on that project dont you? Seriously i love your take on this project and the colours are just stunning

massofhair said...

Very nice indeed :-)

Marianne said...

Yes, this sure looks very nice!! Lov the flowerclocks :-)) xxx Marianne

Helen said...

Good grief, you've used flowers!!! I love it, Sam it looks gorgeous.

Janet said...

Love how you have done this Sam
Janet x

Amanda said...

Love it Sam!
Love
Amanda x

Anonymous said...

Wish you'd warned me in advance about the flowers, seeing them was quite a shock! ;-))) Seriously, that is BEAUTIFUL Sam, I love it.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I love this piece! In fact, I almost started drooling when I saw the creamy colors and amazing techniques you used! Gorgeous all the way around and I'm so glad that you shared this piece with us here at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.

Jenny Marples said...

Love that addition of flowers Sam! Great work with the stencils too. Hugs, Jenny x

chrissie said...

Wonderful colours Sam and what great ideas as well.

Love Chrissie x

Sid said...

Fab creation Sam, love your elements on this !!

Lin said...

Flowers? Sam Flowers!!! No honestly great piece and I love that clock!! Isn't the metallic mix great!! xx

downrightcrafty said...

great technique and texture love it
Hugs Kate xx

france papillon said...

ooooh the yummy grungy texture, love it!
thanks for playing along :)
xx
france

Alison said...

It's beautiful Sam!!! xxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely brilliant! I love it!

Lucy x

Craftyfield said...

Love your take on France's project, the clock die-cut is so beautiful too...

Trish said...

Gorgeous Sam! I love your colours and the cogs and clocks work so well together.

craftimamma said...

Another gorgeous make I missed this week. Never mind I'm getting lots of crafting pleasure catching up on your blog today ;D. Lovely techniques on here.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Julie Lee said...

Wow! I love this! You have been super creative this week. This is a great canvas- so much detail. Julie Ann xx

Gillian .... said...

Oooo BEAUTIFUL, love love love it Sam. x

Words and Pictures said...

Love those Portfolio'd cogs, and your grungy clock is totally cool! Fabulous make...
Alison x

PaperArtsy said...

fLOWERS!!!! WHO KNEW!

Candy C said...

Congratulations on being spotlighted at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! A beautiful piece and very deserving of this special recognition! <3 Candy

Mary Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the spotlight Sam! Lovely make. Love the color pallete and I really love that you added the hands to the cogs :) Gorgeous grunged make!! -- Mary Elizabeth

craftimamma said...

Loved this when I first saw it so making the spotlight on SSS is no surprise because it's well deserved. Congratulations!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Blog Archive