Thursday 29 August 2013

A Bit of Bunting


My last piece for Out of a Hat Creations includes a banner as this weeks theme is 'banners or pennants'. 

I used the negative of the cabinet die frame, used LP stamps to decorate the sides and filled in with PA mini #61. I stamped in black stazon and accented the images with white posca pen.  The frame is coloured with a combination of haystack, pumpkin soup and brown shed fresco paints.  The background  is a piece that Paula created on her gelli plate and kindly sent me a while ago. I stamped the TH image directly onto it with black stazon. The LP image is stamped onto acetate and sandwiched between a couple of the layers to give depth.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to the girls for inviting me to DT for them and to say I've had a great time - thank you ladies xxx

14 comments:

Marianne said...

LOVELY!! What a beautiful colours. Great creation Sam.

Lin said...

Sam this is gorgeous I love it!!fantastic colours!! Really great piece xx

Paula Whittaker said...

loving this piece Sam.

Pinksparklegirl said...

Gorgeous colours in this, what a fabulous effect with the acetate too.

Deborah said...

Love how you've used the heart stamp on the frame. A brilliant piece!

Sue said...

This is fabulous Sam, I love your colours, and your LP stamp looks amazing on the acetate xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece! Valerie

Sid said...

That's a great piece of art Sam !

Helen said...

Oh wow, Sam, this is gorgeous - bit of a different colour for you, too - it looks fabulous.

chrissie said...

This is wonderful Sam and it was such a pleasure to have you craft with us for the whole of August

Love Chrissie x

Anonymous said...

Another terrific project Sam! I've really enjoyed seeing what you come up with every week. Hugs, Tracy

Janet said...

Fab cabinet Sam love the colours & the stamps. Thanks for joining us this month
Janet x

Sandra's Spot said...

Hi Sam wow fabulous work so much gone into it. Love it. Thank you for being our guest designer for August Hugs Sandra XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam. This is not just a piece of bunting ... it is a piece of art! I simply love looking at it there is so much too see and explore. Have a lovely day. xxx

Blog Archive