Sunday 4 August 2013

Creative Journey


I picked these stamps up at a craft sale recently and I love wooden and PA stamps so I put a couple of them to good use!!


Painted the hanger with chocolate pudding fresco paint and randomly added Irish cream.  Using the confetti stencil I added nougat paint.  I stamped the Hampton Arts face image and the Stampers Anonymous quote onto kraft card in brown timber stazon. Added an embellishment and fibres which I also picked up at the sale.


Think Monday, think ATC and more are asking to see faces this week, so I'm hoping this counts even though it's only half a face!!

Also Country View Crafts are asking for quotes or saying, but read the rules of this before you submit. My quote is from a T!m Holtz, stampers anonymous wooden stamp as shown above in the first photo.

And finally, Our Creative Corner want to see words, words, words!!

14 comments:

Helen said...

Christmas pudding fresco - is that a new one, lol, it sounds yummy!! I love this, and well done on using your new stamps!

Lin said...

Sam this is fantastic..my you've been busy this morning..and what bargains you picked up at the sale!!!
Love the colours you've used and it all come together beautifully!!

Lin xx

Deborah said...

Wow, you did get some bargains. Most of the selling off cheap stamps I see *look* cheap. Love what you've done with them.

craftimamma said...

You found some lovely bargains at that sale Sam and the (half) face is beautiful. Smashing hanging piece!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Words and Pictures said...

Just gorgeous, Sam - the neutrals are right up my street, as you know, and I love the splatters of paler paint... The quote is fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is stunning.

Marianne said...

Lovely new stash and a stunning hanger. Great sentiment and lovely stamp and background. Love the splashes :-)
xxx Marianne

Amanda said...

Great bargains especially for one of my favourite stamps for £2..... Love what you have made with it
Love
Amanda x

chrissie said...

Wonderful colours and a great image to chose Sam. Looks like you are making good use of the sale items.

Love Chrissie x

Julie Lee said...

I love that face stamp, it's so beautiful. Love the paint spatters and your colour scheme is great. A lovely piece of work. Well done on your purchases too. Julie Ann x

Jenny Marples said...

Great hanging - love the subdued colours and the fact that you only used a partial face. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner, hugs Jenny x

Margie said...

Didn't you do well at the sale with those lovely stamps! Great sentiment and I love that (half) face! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month. Margie x

hazel said...

A brilliant hanging Sam and what a lovely collection of bargain goodies.
xxx Hazel.

Brenda Brown said...

Such a fabulous tag and quote Sam. Thanks for linking it to the Quotes and Sayings challenge at Country View Crafts.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Blog Archive