Saturday 17 August 2013

Games Chamber


Over on the PA blog this month there are loads of party celebrations and guests new and old.  In fact there has been, and will continue to be, a post every evening throughout August to celebrate their 10th birthday.

Now I've totally transformed Liz's project and if you take a look at what Liz has done here, and you know me, you'll know exactly why I went this way instead!!!

Using the Sizzix candy box and the TH postage stamp dies I created this.  Covered the background with TH papers and a coat of claret fresco paint. The inner drawer of the box was given a coat of south pacific and sky fresco paint and the outer with blood orange, claret and French roast.


Various game pieces and embellishments were added to decorate and create some feet!!


Altered Eclectics have an anything goes theme, so I'm entering into that this month too.

18 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, you've really taken this idea and given it a Sam twist - I love it... I am not very sewing-minded either so don't blame you.

Anonymous said...

Sam, I'm in awe, that is stunning.

Alison said...

Fantastic!!! Love the different theme Sam, I'm not into the sewing either! xxx

Sid said...

Fab idea, beautifully designed and crafted Sam !!

Amanda said...

Great take on the idea, love how you've made it your own
Love
Amanda x

Marianne said...

Let me see.... you don't like sewing???
But you do like playing games? Lovely project!!xxx Marianne

Lin said...

Wow Sam this is fab..what a great idea!! the back piece does look pink tho lol...but I know it's a shade of red to you..well done lovely piece xx

Carol Q said...

that's a very clever interpretation Sam!

Gillian .... said...

Great interpretation Sam,this theme is so more you. Fab, Thanks as always for joining in. x

Trish said...

Great theme, I'm not that "girlie" either, so I love this!

massofhair said...

Fantastic Sam :-)

Vickie Y said...

Fabulously eclectic! Love your project! Thank you for playing along with us at Altered Eclectics August Challenge.

chrissie said...

You'ver certainly gone to town on this Sam--brilliant.

Love Chrissie x

craftimamma said...

Brilliant Sam and you certainly made it your own. Excellent take on the original inspiration and beautifully executed.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PaperArtsy said...

Well you certainly have changed it up, and the 'games' theme is a really good idea to run with!

Sue said...

Great idea Sam and I love the way you have mixed the elements. Thanks for joining us again at Altered Eclectics.

Jenny Marples said...

Definitely a 'you' version Sam and so well put together. Love the postage frame and all those gaming elements. Hugs, Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

Love your mini-gamesroom make... As a fellow non-sewer, this would definitely be more up my street too! Fab colours with that shabby blue drawer front popping nicely.
Alison x

Blog Archive