Monday 5 August 2013

A Green Theme


I played with my greens in my distress paints, but they didn't give that gooder coverage, so I took my fresco paints and mingled them into the background, after sanding, I got this wonderful effect on the tags.  The distress paint, sort of resisted the fresco!!


Main LP image stamped in black stazon onto white card, cut out and coloured with hey pesto.  Home made washi tape, PA stamping in cactus, olive green and bamboo.  Topped and tailed with pediments die cuts.


Pretty much the same as above except I die cut a fleur de lis, painted it in honey dew and re-stamped the face from the LP image.

These are for a tag swap on PaperPlay forum where the theme is green.


14 comments:

Marianne said...

They are so nice!! Although green's not my colour, these creations are stunning!
xxx Marianne

Darcy Marshall said...

Sam, I love the green mingled background of paint and ink.

Lin said...

Love these Sam..great effect how the paints reacted with each other. I absolutely love what you did with the fleur de lis brilliant idea!! need to go shopping for some dies I've wanted for ages!!

chrissie said...

Classy work on both of these Sam and what a wonderful fleur de lis.

Love Chrissie x

Words and Pictures said...

Love the greens - and I love how you top and tail the tags - it frames the images brilliantly.
Alison x

Helen said...

I just love this! The colours are gorgeous, I love how the distress paint and the fresco's have gone.

Anonymous said...

They are fab. I'm not a fan of using green, but these make me want to have a go.

Julie Lee said...

Beautiful tags! I love the colour combo and the LP images look great on them! Julie Ann x

Sid said...

We're deffo going green at the moment, lovely and so effective love the LP stamps !!

craftimamma said...

Abolutely fab both of them and the colour (and shades thereof) are right up my street. Beautiful and very clever stamping on that fleur de lis. There you go again with that pediments die ....... which I didn't think I needed, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sandy said...

Wonderful tags Sam - I can tell you love to create!
Sandy

Deborah said...

Look fab. Haven't even started mine yet!

Alison said...

Green & gorgeous!!! xxx

Unknown said...

Nice! Thank you for sharing! Paul As Harlequin

Blog Archive