August was PaperArtsy's 10th birthday and to celebrate Leandra invited us to play along with the #3Up Challenge, except this time, instead of getting 3 items we all got a huge package of all sorts. This was my bag of goodies.
There were instructions and some rules which are all documented on the piece of paper top left in the photo.
This was the colour pallet I was given to work with.
The wooden frame was coloured with squid ink fresco paint and given a light rub over with stone.
I stamped tissue paper in black stazon with an image from the Ink & the Dog, Buttons #5 plate.
The tissue paper was ripped and randomly stuck to the frame using mod podge. Once dry it was sanded.
Now I had a bit of dilemma with these embellishments, initially I was going to use one as a pin cushion, but I couldn't push anything into it. So, I decided to take one apart and discovered it was a metal dome!! Hmmmm.........what to do with that then!!
I wanted to give the image, Ink and the Dog, Buttons #6 plate, some depth rather than just placing it in the hole, so I mounted it in a couple of polystyrene corners, the ones you get in packaging. .
I used dusty concord distress marker with a water brush to colour the background, re-stamped the tailor tags onto white card, cut them out and stuck them over the top to keep them white.
Then after lots more stamping, cutting, colouring, painting, re-positioning and finally sticking, this is how it came out.
One of the rules was to use at least one stamp from each plate. I managed parts of all of them on Buttons #5 and I used all but 1 image from Buttons #6.
Hop over to the blog and see what everyone else did with their bag of goodies.