Sunday 18 August 2013

PA Inspired Background


So using an mdf large plaque, I followed what Leandra did on her latest video here but used a few different colours, a circle stencil and parts of PA ink and the dog stamps.


Sanded over the grunge paste using a sanding block.


Close up of the stencilling and stamping after the dust had been wiped away with a baby wipe.


So then I decided to incorporate some of the background techniques that Michelle used on her PA birthday project which you can see here.


Close up of the snowflake lines using an old credit card and I loaded a paint brush and flicked it to get the light splatter.


Haven't done anything further with it yet, but when I do, I'll share it.


PanPastelUK have a theme of creating your own background this week, so what could be more fitting!!!

17 comments:

Helen said...

Love the colours you chose, Sam. I almost couldn't bear to cover mine up!

Lin said...

That came out great Sam...I used practicall the same colours!! love them :D

Sid said...

Looks very rich Sam !!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, I love the colours & the texture looks great.

Gillian .... said...

Such a cool technique innit, love the dimension from the GP. x

Marianne said...

This is very promising!! xxx Marianne

Kathyk said...

I saw Leandra's fab vid too - GR8 background you've made using her technique

Kathyk

ionabunny said...

Love what you have done here. I had a go at this but ended up with a colour I wasn't happy with. Was going to add a little something but ran out of time. Your lines look great and really lift the piece. Maybe I should see if they can save my background attempt........

Carol Q said...

I plan to have a got at this too Sam - great technique and you've reproduced it perfectly

PaperArtsy said...

nice..lots of hidden colours peeking through makes the BG look really interesting!

Alison said...

Looks great Sam! I must try this! xxx

Deborah said...

I watched the video last night. Should have known you'd watch it *and* then make something, Sam :-)It's looking fantastic so far...

craftimamma said...

Love this background Sam. Fabulous colours and the sanding back looks lovely.

Hugs
Lesley ~Xx

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Gorgeous, cant wait to see what you do with it

Sandy said...

Sam, your make really look great and I so appreciate the videos. I am gong to watch them right now.
sandy

Words and Pictures said...

Fab background... those stamped textured circles look so cool.
Alison x

Michelle Webb said...

Oooh I love it just the way it is! I love the contrast of the white against the blue. It's lovely Sam. Michelle x

Blog Archive