Saturday 29 October 2016

Bookmarks for a Swap


I brayered about 4 different colours of decoart multi surface satin paint onto a piece of 8"x8" white card. I die cut some Seth shapes and coloured them in a contrasting colour and stuck them to the card. I stuck tissue paper over the top of everything.


I did exactly the same with this one but used a different colour pallet and different die cut shapes.


Once completely dry I cut the edges down and added some more colour using the paints in the media misters. I applied them with a babywipe.


Close up of the purple and violet media misters.


And for this one I used the green, yellow and turquoise shimmer media mister.


Close up of the media mister paints.


Then to tone it down a bit, I went over some areas with white gesso.


And the same for this one.


Next I added some random stamping using stazon inks.


And again applied the same process to this one.


And the last step for the background was to again use gesso to knock back some of the stamping.


And again, the same for this one.


Next I cut each piece of card into strips of 4, cut out some Teesha Moore images and words, and stuck them onto the backgrounds.


And the same for this set. I used matte decoupage glue to stick them down.


And for the final step, I added a piece of ribbon to each piece.


I made these for a swap for a group I have recently joined on FB.

7 comments:

Helen said...

not sure if the comment I tried to leave from my phone on the train posted or not! these are gorgeous, I love how you made them from your starting backgrounds. Inspired now....

craftimamma said...

These are quite amazing Sam. I absolutely love the backgrounds and hownyou used all Seth's dies. Exceptional art matey!

hugs
Lesley Xx

Amanda said...

These are brilliant Sam, I haven't inked those girls up for ages
Love
Amanda x

chrissie said...

Terrific background papers you made and great bookmarks as the end product

Love Chrissie xx

craftytrog said...

These are fab Sam! Love the backgrounds and TM images. Xxx

hazel said...

Wonderful bookmarks, the backgrounds are fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Claudia N. said...

These are fantastic!
Love them all!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Blog Archive