Tuesday 7 November 2017

Wet Felting Incorporating Other Materials


So moving on from my sample piece, I decided to go for it. This time I did things slightly differently, hopefully learning from the first piece. I laid out the materials as above. I just kept going until I was happy with how it looked as I wasn't actually aiming to make anything from the finished piece.


This is what I ended up with once I I'd finished felting and shrinking it. I was much happier with what happened this time, however, it's not dry yet!


This is the piece of silk fabric that all puckered up with a piece of the silk throw underneath.


This is another piece of farbic, not sure what it is, some sort of polyester or viscose, but it puckered up nicely too.


And this is the piece of cotton fabric, again love how it's puckered and grabbed the other fibres.


This is the silk throwster waste.


This is the silk spectrum, it reminds me of slub, but thicker.


This is the silk throwster dyed waste.

I also used some dyed silk tops and some angelina fibres.

All the above photos were taken whilst it was still wet.


This is how it looks now it's fully dried and I'm really pleased with it.


This is a close up of the cotton scrim, love how it's all puckered up.


This is a close up of the silk, again it puckered up really nicely and has left a fabulous texture.


This is the piece of viscose/polyester and it's puckered up lovely too.


The green, blue and patch of purple is the silk throwster waste.


This has the silk spectrum clump middle left, the darker patch, and it's quite soft considering what it starts off as.


The purple area is silk tops and there is also some angelina fibre in there too.


I not only love the end product, but really enjoyed the process.

No comments:

Blog Archive