Sunday 12 November 2017

The BIG Craft Event - Lincolnshire Showground



Today I had a day out at the Big Craft Event held at the Lincolnshire Showground.


I bought some wool felting bundles from this stall but I have no idea what it was called as there is no banner or name and nothing on or in the bag.


More stalls and it was actually quite busy.


Lots of handmade Christmas things.


And this was the other end of the hall.


There were also sewing machines demo's too.


Needle & Thread were running all the workshops. 


These were all the 1 hour taster workshops on offer, most of them had sold out, but I was booked on to the needle felting santa with Robyn Smith.


Pinched this photo from Needle and Thread FB page!!


This is where I got to yesterday as the sun was really really bright and I picked up the pale pink instead of the white and so he left the show with a pale pink beard, so I pulled it out.


A needle felting workshop in progress with Robyn.


Lots of workshops going on at the same time.


This is Sally (stood up on the left) who owns Needle and Thread and organised the workshops. I did go and say hi to her as I took a workshop at her studio earlier this year and I am booked onto one next year.


And you can't go all that way without buying anything can you, so this is what I bought.


Close up of the locks from the stall I don't know the name of!!


Silk sari ribbon waste from Robyn's stall.


And silk tops, also from Robyn's stall.


And I bought this little guy for my mum for Christmas as she is very into ducks at the moment.


His body is filled with something heavy as he is a door stop.


I think (hope) she will love him. If not, I can always keep him.


And I finished him this morning.

2 comments:

Helen said...

love that duck!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Looks fabulous Sam, love hand made! One to look out for next yearxx

Blog Archive