Monday 6 November 2017

Small Fabric Steampunk / Gothic Book



After I'd printed some images onto fabric and cut them up, I started to lay fabric and trims around them to start to build up a page.


I did the same for all of them and added a few emblishments.


Nothing is stuck down yet as I was still playing around with placement etc.



Ribbons, lace and ric-rak.


Once everything was glued down on the pages I played around with the placement of them and paired them up.


Then the pinkish set of pages.


And the next two pages, these are five and six.


And the last two pages.



I put the pages together in the same way I'd made the other two books sandwiching lace inbetween the layers. I laid out the pieces for the front and back covers. At this point, nothing is stuck down.


This is the front cover stitched and glued down with all embellishments attached.


And the back cover which I've left pretty plain as it needs to be flat when laid down.


And this is the spine which has been re-inforced with cardboard to give it extra strength.


And finally a view from the top with the book closed.


And this is the bottom.

This was a thank you gift for Sheilagh who very generously posted me a huge stash of fabric. I made her this because she showed an interest in the first one I'd made, but I couldn't give that one away.
This one is a little smaller and measures approx 6.5" x 9". I just hope she likes this one as much as the first one.

No comments:

Blog Archive