Today (Saturday) when we went shopping I picked up these two outdoor planters as I've been trying to get hold of some at a cheap price for ages. Been to the car boot but nothing and then Morrisons had them for £2 each.
For some unknown reason, when I covered them this time, I got in such a mess, the Powertex went everywhere, hair, floor, fleece, feet and jeans!!
And this is the other one. I think they are going to take a while to dry! So I'll be back in a couple of days with the next instalment.
I actually left it for four days to ensure it was completely dry. I tried to put them in the airing cupboard to help the drying process, but they wouldn't fit in, hence the four days.
So just a reminder, the next step I like to do is add white pigment over the black powertex.
I added the two gold pigments and finally a bit of red.
And exactly the same for the second one.
I took some photos outside as finally after four or five days the cloud has lifted, the sky is blue and the sun is out.
And again the second one.
I made them for my mum's birthday which is on Friday. I've wrapped a few little presents for her and put them inside the planters. In a couple of weeks I'll buy her some plants and soil so she can put them outside on the patio. But at the moment they aren't weatherproof as they still need another couple of weeks to cure.
I've also entered into this months CVC's challenge which is flower power.