I was kindly sent a polystyrene heart with as a free gift with an order and today decided to play with it.
I spliced it in half and smoothed the backs down.
Next I decided which clay pieces I wanted to use with them.
I cut into the front of the hearts so I could sink the clay pieces in.
Next I covered them both with Powertex StoneArt.
And then sprayed it with bister in red although it doesn't look red on this photo, it looks more brown.
Buffed it up and then added black paint.
I covered an mdf heart with ivory Powertex and added in some small polystyrene balls, some sand balls and some cotton scrim to add texture.
Once dry I sprayed it with black media misters.
Next I added some dry brushing to bring out the balls and the cotton scrim and added the stoneart heart.
I thought it needed something to finish it off so around the edge of the mdf heart I added some gold paint.
I'll be back with the second piece in the next couple of days.
The sun came out so I went outside and took a photo.