Roughed up a circular piece of polystyrene.
Started to build up the layers. After the initial layer of Stoneart I added yellow powertex and using used Stoneart added another layer.
Once I was happy with the Stoneart layers, I added sprays of bisters in yellow, brown and green.
From the front after the bisters had been sprayed.
Next I coloured the pieces of clay. The flowers were made with the new daisies Powertex mould and the cherub is also from the Powertex range. I picked them both up last weekend at Pramoda Gifts who are stockists of Powertex products.
And this is sort of where they are going to go.
From the above photo I thought the piece needed more yellow for a more rustic stone effect, so went back in and added some more before I fixed the clay pieces on also with Powertex.
Really love how it's turned out using a mix of the Powertex and bisters to build up the layers in-between the Stoneart.
So funny how it completely changes when in a different light.
Finally got to take a photo outside.
I entered a Powertex competition with this piece and won this below, which was made by Tracey Evans, from Powertex UK.