Thursday 21 September 2017

Wet Felting Faces



I decided to have another go at the wet felting process, so I gathered my supplies and off I went.


I used this Picasso image as my inspiration.


First I started by laying down a base in a light colour, it's sort of cream.


Next I did the green layer, and then started to build up the individual colours.


The next step was to dowse the felt in warm soapy water.


I started the rolling process.


After the first set of rolling I peeled the bubble wrap back to see what, if anything had moved.


This was after 40 rolls in all four directions. I wasn't happy with it so gave it another 25 rolls.


And this is what I ended up with. It just needs to dry now.


And here it is this morning all dried and again I love how it turned out.


3 comments:

craftytrog said...

Love it!!! xxx

hazel said...

Brilliant!!!
xxx Hazel.

Kirsten said...

Sucha an interesting technique and a great end result.

Blog Archive