I'd already made the tray but it didn't fit in my sleeve and the book I'd made didn't fit in the box due to the thickness of the denim I'd used, so I had to make a new sleeve to fit the tray. I painted each piece of chipboard with the AS rust mix. Added some resist here and there and painted with a layer of white crackle paint.
I rubbed back the pieces once it was dry to reveal where he resist had been. I decided to cut the middle panel out of the top and added a piece of mesh instead.
So the white wasn't so stark I brushed it over with a watered down rust colour.
I added stickers and rub ons. This was all done before the sleeve was glued together.
This is the tray and what I've put inside. The clay skull was dry brushed with a mix of perfect pearls and Decoart ultra matte varnish and clear crystals added for the eyes.
This is just to prove that this time the tray fits into the sleeve!!
And I love how when it's closed you can still see all the contents.
I hope my swap partner likes it.
All products were used from the DecoArt range and you can find the techniques used on this box on their media range of videos.