Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Candle Holder


I started off with a pair of these on my windowsill but last Sunday, because I went out, Fraz knocked the other one off and unfortunately the terracotta pot smashed.


So using the remaining pot as mould, I dipped part of an old t-shirt into the ivory powertex, moulded it around the pot and left it to set. I turned it upside down so the bottom could air dry too.


Once it had set, I took out the terracotta pot and this is what I was left with.


After being left overnight to dry, I painted it using decoart dazzling metallic paints.


I used black pearl on the bottom, rich espresso on the top and royal ruby on the string and to hi-light.


This is the said candle that the holder has been made for.


And here it is sat in it's new pot, so if Fraz knocks it off again, at least it won't smash this time.

Apologies again for the photos but it's dark and raining outside!

6 comments:

Helen said...

This looks fabulous too, you've been really busy today!

chrissie said...

Good idea Sam and something quite different

Love Chrissie x

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

That looks great!

Sue said...

This is fab Sam, really different! xx

Sid said...

Interesting project Sam !!

hazel said...

This is fabulous and a great idea.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive