Over at the PaperArtsy blog, Clare was back this week and for her first project she did some machine sewing on a tag which you can see here. I used a brayer to create the first couple of background layers using stone, guacamole and vanilla, then stamped some PA images from Lins LB04 plate in Spanish mulberry and eggplant fresco paints.
I scrunched up a piece of heavy weight paper, flattened it out and rubbed crushed olive distress ink pad over the top, dried it off and then ironed it flat. Stamped the LP oriental image in black stazon over the top. I used the sewing machine to do the zig zag stitch around the outside in purple and the main image in a black straight stitch.
I did exactly the same for this one except used milled lavender distress ink. I used a black straight stitch both around the outside of the tag and the image. I then went back to both tags and added the oriental image to fill in some gaps.