Lin who I met for the first time at AP decided to set a few of us a challenge. Everyone got the same ingredients in their package and the idea originally was to use it ALL, but then she relaxed the rule and said you have to use at least some of everything!! The only other rule was to use a monotone colour scheme, oh and something about an accent, but I didn't get that bit!!
I decided I didn't want to use the folder as a book, so I cut it up and I chose to use green as it's the colour I've got the most shades of in the most mediums!!
Both are painted with fresco paints, I gave the left hand piece the crackle glaze treatment with tinned peas and honey dew and the right was a mix of tinned peas, hey pesto and limelight.
This is the finished right piece. Doily has been subjected to distress inks, lace to distress stain, bottle top (squished), metal accent and postage stamp brad all coloured with vintaj patina. The bottle top is hung with the light bulb shaped safety pin.
Now this is where I'm not sure if it's right or not as I've also used white. That pom-pom lace stuff was so nice I couldn't bare to colour it!! The mesh was the hardest thing to colour, but the fresco paints sorted it out!! I used a white posca pen to do the dots and used it through a stencil for the letters on the jigsaw pieces. The circle and oval are the inners of a couple of pieces off the last piece coming up next and hung with string painted in bottle green!!
So finally to the tin, lined with the rest of the text paper coloured with distress ink and a bit of hey pesto paint. I took the top layer off the clock key to reveal the corrugated. I added a clock face and gem to the clock die cut. Stamped a time quote from a PA set in olive green stazon and coloured the background in green distress inks.
And lastly the front and back. Love that zip, makes a fab handle!! Now you may think the back looks a bit weird, but I coloured it in tinned peas but due to the heavy smoking warning message on the back, I just couldn't cover it, so I used the strip of thick white material, coloured it with a watered down guacamole fresco paint and stuck it over the messages. I was going to use the remainder of the string I'd painted bottle green using my rangers dabber, as a hanger on the first piece, but instead decided to use it to further decorate the back of the tin. I stamped more of the PA time stamp plate onto the fabric in olive green stazon and on the front again using the stazon and a script stamp.
I think I did okay, as this is all I had left from the pile.
Thanks for a fab, fun challenge Lin, now off to see what everyone else has done with theirs!!!