Sunday, 30 June 2013

Carly Plaque


I used one of the large mdf man plaques and one of my new stencils, mini Sally & Carly to create this.  I put grunge paste through another new stencil, mini confetti, top and bottom.  Painted the whole thing in snowflake fresco paint a few times as I wanted a bright white. Took the negative of Carly and filled in with French roast fresco paint.  Once dry I used the positive as a mask and stamped in timber brown various Dina Wakley and Traci Bautista stamps.  I took the negative along with a white posca pen and wrote all over the image. I finished off by adding onyxite treasure gold with a brush.

6 comments:

Helen said...

That looks great, Sam! Love the white writing on the silhouette.

Marianne said...

Great MDF! Love the image you wrote on!! Very special. xxx Marianne

chrissies said...

You are the white pen wizard--what a great idea to write on the image. Love the whole piece.

Best wishes Chrissie x

Julie Ann Lee said...

Really effective and what a coincidence! Julie Ann x

butterfly said...

Absolute stunner - love the mask, the colours, the stamping - everything - LOVE it!
Alison x

Alison said...

It's gorgeous Sam...I love all the texture, & great image! xxx

ME

My Photo
Hi I'm Sam, 43, birthday in October - Any piece of art gratefully rec'd - Thanks. OH, Martin, been together 23 years and still no plans to get married!!! We love spending time with our pupster, especially when the weather is dry and we get to take him to the woods. I love any sort of crafting and would say that I am adventurous with new materials. We love going skiing in any winter resort, but mainly the States or Canada, they have better snow!! We lost our first beardie, Max, August 2006 at a ripe old age of 14 and 1/4. Since then Frazzie has come along, he is now 6 years and 7 months old and is still a little Bugger, Bugger!!! Unfortunately in December 2008 we lost Alfie at 14 months old after only having a short time of 7 weeks loving and caring for him. He found a good buddie in Fraz and loved him to bits.

Blog Archive