Sunday, 2 June 2013

Busy Bee




Over at Stampotique this week they are asking for some transparency!!  Hmmm....so what to do then??

Also over at Anything But A Card this week they are asking for us to dust off our old supplies???

So I came up with this to combine the two challenges.  Acetate, stamps and paint I've used recently, but I haven't used 2" Ranger memory glass and my Sizzix frame die for absolutely yonks.

I painted the chipboard frames in haystack fresco paint as a base layer, then again in zesty zing for a brighter yellow.  I used T!m's hexagon background stamp coz I thought it represented bee hives.  I originally stamped the bee onto the glass, but when I came to colour it in, all the black stazon ink came off.  So I stamped onto a piece of acetate instead and coloured that, but still used the glass, sandwiched it with the acetate inside the chipboard frames and added a piece of fibre so I could hang it.

15 comments:

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Great window hanger! Thanks for joining us at the SDC! XOXO

downrightcrafty said...

love this Sam and the photography is great too
Hugs Kate xx

Carol Q said...

perfect Sam - bet that wasn't easy to photograph.

jojo79 said...

This is really cute.
Jo
x

Lin said...

ooo Sam this is lovely...I love Bees and what a good challenge to dust off your old supplies..xx

Deborah said...

Busy Bee must be your middle name, Sam! It's a fab little hanging.

butterfly said...

What a great make!
Alison x

Marianne said...

Lovely creation. Well done; very transparant.
xxx Marianne

Ginger said...

Lovely Hanging Sam , X

chrissies said...

This is terrific Sam and I love the setting for the photograph

Love Chrissie xx

Buttons said...

Definitely the best way of capturing what is rapidly becoming an endangered species. This is fabulous Sam. Hugs, Jenny x

Neet said...

Looks good - and I do like the stamp you have used on the frame - perfect.
Hugs, Neet xx

Libby Hickson said...

This turned out great - smart thinking on the acetate! Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

Sue said...

This is brilliant Sam, I love the hexagon stamp, it works so well with the bee. Thanks for playing along with us again at Stampotique. Sue xx

Julie Short said...

Sam what a delightful piece. I am glad you dusted off your supplies and made such sweet magic. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card.

Blog Archive