Wednesday 27 March 2013

Neutral Colours


Over at Art Journey they have the theme of neutral colours so I was able to join in this month with my AJ grunge plate of stamps.  I used timber brown stazon for the main image and then various colours of distress inks for the background images.  To make it look more natural and distressed I used a paper distresser around the edges and inked it with walnut stain.  The backing is a piece of kraft card coloured with walnut stain and again distressed the edges.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous use of neutral colours, Sam.

Marianne said...

Lovely card Sam. I love these stamps also and you made a beautuful card!
xxx Marianne

Paula Whittaker said...

As you know, I love AJ stamps and this piece is fab Sam

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, well, you know I love a neutral palette (though even that changes sometimes - as you've just seen over at W&P!))... and I love the grungy feel of this - amazing stamping!
Alison x

chrissie said...

Clever use of the colours Sam-love the layers to frame the image.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Hillie said...

This is a great art piece! Thanks for joying the challenge.

Ellen said...

Great use of all the browns in your card! Thanks for joining the challenge!
Ellen

Anneke said...

Love that grunge set. You did a great job with it! Thanks for taking part in the Art Journey Challenge!

Cath Wilson said...

Love neutrals and this is great - lots of brilliant stamps and a great overall design. Great work x

Blog Archive