Saturday 16 March 2013

An Altered Tin


So I this is what I started off with, a cigar tin and 3 wooden spoons.  


Following Helen's technique, the guest designer over on the PaperArtsy blog, I used irish cream, cinnamon, chocolate pudding, claret and honey dew fresco paints.


I stamped a couple of the images from the Ink and the Dog, Man of Numbers plate #6.  And blanked them out with snowflake paint.


Stamped over them with black stazon.


Coloured them with south pacific and limelight fresco paints.  I did start off with guacamole but it's not a translucent one so instead of showing through the image it covered it up (you can see on the bottom two postmark stamps).


Now for the inside.  For the top of the lid I used some of the papers I got from Michael's.  Stamped the banner from the LP stamp plate #5 onto a piece of kraft card and cut it out.  The ticket is from a T!m pad I picked up from JoAnn's and added the chit chat words.


I covered the inside of the tin with another piece of paper from the same paper pack from Michael's.  I painted the wooden spoons firstly in snowflake and then brown shed and chocolate pudding.  I stamped them with the script stamp from the backgrounds plate #2 in black stazon and then coated them a couple of times in satin glaze.  Stamped the hand onto white card, the ticket onto kraft card and the heart onto metallic card.


This is the inside of both the lid and the bottom.

This project was inspired by Helen Chilton's first technique on the PaperArtsy blog and an article I read in Stampers Sampler.

16 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh loving this great techniques and good colours too, see you had fun shopping
Hugs Kate x

Lin said...

This is great Sam... love it!!!

Paula Whittaker said...

great looking tin

Unknown said...

What an inspirational project - I like the shabby chic vintage look - it's perfect

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous work on the tin, Sam - glad to have you back and creating!!
Alison x

Kezzy said...

Wow wow so loving what you have done with your tin and the inside is amazing as well. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx

chrissie said...

Clever ideas on this altered tin Sam. Love the spoons idea for inside.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Helen said...

I love your tin, and am impressed that you've put your new stash to good use so soon! Hope you feel better today!

Deborah said...

Great idea to use the wooden spoons.

Marianne said...

Great altered tin. You used lovely stamps and the colouring is very nice.
And a belated happy birthday to Fraz' 6th birthday and a big hug for him!!
xxx Marianne

Sid said...

Looks great Sam !

Von said...

Welcome back and great to see you firing on all cylinders :)fab tin
Von ☺

Sue said...

Brilliant Sam, I love your altered tin, lucky you to go stash shopping in USA! xx

Burnice said...

Liking this Sam - loving the techniques too. Burnice xx

Julia S-W said...

Not sure I should be speaking to you - I'm so jealous of your holiday!!
I love the idea for this tin and yours has turned out so beautifully! I really should visit that blog more often. A really fab make Sam.
Shopping too in the States - eyes now very green!!
Hope you are well.
Juliaxx

hazel said...

This is an amazing altered tin Sam.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive