Thursday 5 May 2011

JFF - Week 14 - Inchies


Over on JFF this week it's Neet's turn to decide on the monthly theme, she has chosen 'size matters'.  The first week, it's inchies.  No, you aren't mistaken, this is not an inchie (1x1), it's a fat page (4x4).   I created the background using the new TH distress stains, wild honey and forest moss.  I stamped the images with walnut stain distress ink.  I used the spellbinders labels 2 dies to mount the main image.


I then cut the fat page into 16 1 inch squares.  I mounted them in a wooden frame I'd covered in gesso and went around the edges with walnut stain distress stain.

13 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

lovely yellow colour and love the image of the little girl so very vintage and perfectly presented
Hugs Kate xx

Sid said...

Fab design !!

Von said...

This has an amazing trompe l'oeil effect Sam
xxx

Sue said...

This is fab Sam, I've never tried anything like this x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great work

Alison said...

I love this Sam! It's brilliant! x

Zoechaos said...

Great picture makes an brilliant inchie mosaic. XOXO Zoe

Neet said...

Oh Wow Sam - I never realised how you had done this. it is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I love this Sam. What a fab idea and beautifully made. Thank you for the inspiration.
Florence.

Yvonne said...

Love the composition of this, Sam!

Dolly Daydreams said...

What a great piece love your great colours and super background fabulous wall hanging this.

Marie

G Peplow said...

Hi there, WOW you're a prolific crafter, I have been perusing your blog, love all your makes. This is a lovely picture, love the colours and a beautiful little girl:0)
Thanks so much for your visit and kind comment on my card :0) xxx

Jaqi said...

brilliant so effective , colours are gorgeous too

Blog Archive