Sunday 22 May 2011

Birthday Cards


A challenge that I've never entered before is 'less is more'.  I needed a simple birthday card and this week they are asking for butterflies.  This wasn't difficult as I only have one butterfly stamp!!!  So I used distress inks to stamp the images and spritzed the butterfly with water before stamping to blend the colours together.  Due to the spritzing I managed to get some ink on my fingers and proceeded to transfer it onto the white space on the card, hence the need to attach my shrink plastic dragonfly. 


I couldn't remember if embellishments were allowed, so I made another one just in case, whilst I had everything out.  At least now I have a spare birthday card!!


17 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Goodness you are on a roll. All those wonderful competition entries they are all smashing! Less is More it has an appeal doesn't it? your butterfly is stunning all those glorious colours on it both versions are fabulous. XOXO Zoe

downrightcrafty said...

great coverage of the smudge but stunning butterfly and fantastic CAS card
Hugs Kate xx

Sarn said...

LOVE both cards! Sympathise with the inky splodge problem! Great cover up though! Shhh!

Hugs, Sandra

Mandi said...

FAB card SAm
Embellishments are allowed...look at mine! lol
We just ask for minimal particularly for OLC week, but in general they aren't to overload the design
Your cards are FAB, I think I like th green branch one best
thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Seafield Jo said...

This is lovely Sam, love the colours. Jo

Chris said...

Love your cards, Sam. That's a fab butterfly image.

I had to bin a card yesterday as the smudge was just in the wrong place to cover up.

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card
Beryl x

Lesley Edmonds said...

Really gorgeous. Just love that butterfly!

Rita said...

Fabulous card Sam. Hugs Rita xx

Pauline said...

Lovely colourful butterfly, great stamping and a fab layout.

Susan said...

I love the effect you got spritzing the DI with water...very cool! I really love the second card!

Aileen said...

Very pretty. x

hazel said...

Lovely cards. I like the way that you've coloured the butterfly.
xxx Hazel.

Lynne said...

Love that butterfly.
Lynne xxx

StampingStace said...

Beautiful card!
Stacey at 8
X

Rachelxx said...

Great cards! Love the colouring :-)

Cath Wilson said...

He, he. Sounds like something I do all the time! Inky fingers will be the death of me. Love the way this turned out.

Blog Archive