Ok, I know winter is just about over, especially with this lovely weather we are enjoying of late, but I also tret myself to the tree die and the snowflakes on the edge die. Only because I thought they would come in useful next year when I do my holiday scrapbook pages (my excuse anyway!!). But obviously, I just had to have a play first. So I tried out a combination of distress stains and distress ink. The background for the tag is weathered wood stains, spritzed with water and dried off with the heat gun. The snowflakes are coloured with faded jeans stain and blended with tea dye, frayed burlap and walnut stain distress inks. They were then covered in rock candy distress stickles, for a bit of sparkle. The tree is coloured with a combination of peeled paint, forest moss, walnut stain and vintage photo distress stains and again blended with pine needle and tea dye distress inks. I then used glossy accents on the edges. I used a paper distresser to distress the edges of the tag and coloured with tea dye distress ink and I stamped the little dots with the same colour. Finally I added some fibres.
The trees and snowflakes were prepared exactly the same as above except I used clear rocky candy distress crackle paint on them and not glossy acents. I cut a piece of corrugated, stripped the first layer off, painted the bottom in denim acrylic dabber and the remainder is a combination of aqua and cloudy blue acrylic dabbers. I used espresso around the edges to frame the piece.