Friday, 22 April 2011

Stamp Man Challenge 21 - Resist


This week the Stamp Man are asking for a Resist technique.  I decided to make a set of cog stamps from t!ms alteration dies.  Painted them with lake mist acrylic dabbers and stamped them onto a tag which I had primed with antique linen distress stain.  Once dry I applied a blend of old paper, rusty hinge, tea dye and black soot distress inks.  I misted a piece of kitchen towel and wiped the ink off the resist areas.  I stamped various images in black soot.  Added a couple of cardboard cog die cuts and some fibres.  I used a paper distresser to distress the edges and inked with rusty hinge.

11 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Did not know the dabbers worked as a resist, thank you. You are very into cogs at the moment work perfectly with the rusty and black colour pallet am enjoying these a lot. XOXO Zoe

Von said...

Your on a creative roll Sam can't keep up lol
Great tag :)
Von x

The Stamp Man said...

Fantastic tag, I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Thanks for entering our challenge again:)

Jill

Deborah said...

IrRESISTable! Sorry :-)I love this Sam, don't know why I didn't think of using my cogs as stamps - they have worked out so well.

hazel said...

Fantastic tag Sam.
xxx Hazel.

Sandra's Spot said...

Oooooo I do like this tag,and I will give this technique a go it is new to me (but then so much is LOL)XOXO

Sue said...

Brilliant tag Sam, great choice of colours x

Neet said...

Love this - cogs and things like that are up amongst my favourite things but the colours you have used on this really took my eye. So rich and warm. Lovely!

Clarky J said...

This is fab sam - Love the technique and all the colours you have used Thanks for joining us at the SM challenge this time x Janet

Minxy said...

Nice and grungy resist, i likie x

Angela Weimer said...

Great tag. love the technique. thanks for sharing ad have a great day. Angela

Blog Archive