This week over on Grungy Monday they are offering a t!m product challenge, so you have to use the actual product and not a substitute. So, yeah you guessed it, it's adirondack colour wash or should I say 'color' wash!! I only have 7 of the colours so was slightly limited. Mine is the old stuff in the 4oz bottles, but I'm sure it's more or less the same stuff else they would have changed the name.
The Stamp Man is asking for embossing this week, so I'm entering my tags into this challenge too.
Anyway I decided to create some tags. The left one was firstly sprayed with butterscotch, the right one with terra cotta. I then inked my new grungy alphabet stamp with clear embossing ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I sprayed over the tags again, the left with denim and wild plum and the right with cranberry. I dried them off and wiped over the embossed areas with kitchen roll. I restamped the grungy alphabet in pitch black adirondack ink on the left one and used stamps from the Urban Tapestry plate on the right and middle one. I used black soot, rusty hinge and walnut stain distress inks to edge the tags.
The middle one was initially sprayed with lettuce, dried off and then stream was applied to to top and bottom of the tag. The bird image was stamped with clear embossing ink and embossed with black embossing powder. The top and bottom images and word were stamped in denim. Hemp was tied around the tag. It was edged with pine needle distress ink. Fibres were added to all tags and a pin and disc to the middle one.
Close up of the clear embossing powder over the initial terra cotta wash.
Close up of the embossing over the butterscotch wash.