As I was blog hopping I found this fab idea (but I can't remember where I saw it, so if it was you, please let me know and I'll acknowledge you - sorry!!). Cover a piece of vellum in various colours of distress stain. Above I used broken china, weathered wood, faded jeans and dusty concord. Spritz with water and blot off with kitchen roll. Scrunch up and carefully unfold a few times and then punch or die cut shapes. I did snowflakes in preparation for next years holiday photos!!!!
For this piece of vellum I used fired brick, wild honey, forest moss, peeled paint and dusty concord. Again I spritzed and scrunched and die cut some flower shapes and leaves. Haven't decided what to do with them yet, just arranged them as above for the photo.