Saturday 6 June 2009

Quick & Easy Cards


Made a couple of Fathers Day cards. I sort of started to use the Bev technique with the card for this one with the layering and the punched piece across the bottom. I did use water colour paper, but I stamped the image with distressed ink instead of colouring it!!!! That one is for Martins dad and he won't appreciate it anyway!!!

My dad is into bikes and he's at the Isle of Man TT now with mum. The first two races have been rained off!!!! Again, just simple matting and layering.

More matting layering, the car is decoupaged. This was made for the son of the guy Martin works with and yes, he's 21!!!

One of the ladies who has worked in our department for over 20 years has decided to retire at the beginning of July. She has a 1 year old golden retriever. Again this image is decoupaged and the blue background run through the bug

And yes you will recognise this and no I haven't gone mad and made another one. I have made it out of what I did last weekend, but as I was putting it together I just couldn't bring myself to put that image on. It all looks way way to busy and pink for me already, but I know she will appreciate it, so she might as well have it, as I would never do anything with it!!!! 'She' is my colleague who is also leaving us on 03 July, but to go to another job

19 comments:

Ang C said...

My!!!! you have been busy

Zoechaos said...

Great collection of cards think the one for your FIL is fab pity he will not appreciate it. The pink one made me smile, you are not alone in avoiding it Friend Linda also gives it a wide berth but Friend Iris is really into it..... hay ho.

Beccy said...

Shame on you leaving that glorious image off!!!!!!!
Seriously though the card looks great,im sure your colleague will love it. The guy cards are really good too, loving the one for Martins dad, even if he wont appreciate it!

Hugs Beccy x

downrightcrafty said...

My my YOU ARE actually using a pink card ................... it looks lovely though and very well adapted.
take care
kate x

sam21ski said...

Kate, I figured that if I used it, I wouldn't have to look at it any more - lol !!!!!!

Paper Paradise said...

I LIKE THE PINK CARD THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suexxxxxx
lol

Claireabelle said...

Fab cards Sam, lovin' the blue fathers day one. Shame it will be wasted on Martin's dad - Philistine! LOL

Chris said...

Mmmmm... I think Sue has lost the plot. :-)

I must say though Sam you've done a lovely job with the pink card and your other cards are great too.

SueHart said...

Great range of cards, Sam. Wish I could actually make cards....they seem to be the one thing I can't do for some reason :(

mommabear said...

Fabulous cards Sam my fave is the pritty pink oneat the bottem

Sue said...

These are fab cards Sam, I can see that your heart lies in the pink and fluffy...:O)

Lorraine said...

love the TT layout..we used to go to the TT all the time and it always rained!! great mad drunken times

June said...

Oh Sam i love all of these and i like that distress look on the top one as well as the fab bikes one and oh and love that pink card with the flowers its gorgeous and scrumptious !! You do inspire me with your cards my friend.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog too. I have just made another arch ( well finished it lol as i started it a few days ago )
Anyway have a lovely monday
Hugs June xxxx

Anonymous said...

Fab cards Sam, the blue one at the top is my fave! xx

downrightcrafty said...

I am getting fed up of having a pinkkkkkkkkkkkkkk and green finished card next to my work space that I cannot put on my blog or file away into the storage area until a suitable occasion comes up. At least you found a worthy home for yours
kate x

ARTfulWings said...

Wow the pink and green one is so 'you' Sam!! :O) Love the cards - struggle with mens cards but yours are really good (the dream & discover' one is brilliant) See ya soon Polly xx

Joy said...

I love the pink and green card Sam and those retro flowers! The mens cards are fab and I'm sure Martins' dad will appreciate his!! Fab cards xx

LazyKay said...

Blimey, that was a good session - great cards.

xxxxxxxxxx

Mags said...

Great selection again!

Blog Archive