Friday 12 June 2009

A Few More Cards


I've had a couple of days holiday this week and yesterday I decided to play with the resist technique. You may not be able to see them very clearly but they are the main images on the card above and below




I used my new AI's to create these 2 cards. I only have 3 colours, juniper, willow and salmon. For the background of the top one I decided instead of dotting the colours around the card I would 'draw' lines with them instead. So basically I loaded the tool with ink and pulled it straight down a few times. I then stamped an image over the top using black archival ink. I'm not keen on the archival ink as I tend to smudge it, but this time it's worked out ok. I chalked the edges of the card to try and correspond with the AI colours.

Below I used the traditional method of dotting and swirling the ink on the paper, again stamped the image using the archival ink, matted the image onto a couple of different colours added a couple of flowers and a flourish from a cuttlebug die. I inked the edges and stamped across the top and bottom.


I stamped this paper with dragonflies, script, the TH scratches stamp using various shades of orange. The quote is stamped in olive green stazon. I inked up a piece of acetate with butterscotch, caramel and latte AI's and then stamped 2 dragonfly images with olive green stazon, cut them out and attached to the the card. The flourish is another cuttlebug die from the same set as above

9 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Don't know the technique but the second one looks really great. I also note a touch of PINK in one of the creations!!!!!!
Kate x

sam21ski said...

No Kate, it's just your eyes!!!

For the resist technique just click on the white writing and you'll get a step by step of how to do it xxxx

Zoechaos said...

More beautiful inspirational work, your resist is stunning especially the one with the two children. Also very very taken with the last dragonfly card. But would settle for any of them they are all lovely.

lottie said...

Fabulous cards - and a great story with Fraz and the dustbin men

I have to admit that I don't visit as often as I used too -mainly because I get so upset seeing the post of Alfie each time I visit. I do try and visit once a week or so though to catch up on all your wonderful creations.

ARTfulWings said...

Wonderful cards Sam (as always fab techniques) - was only thinking about trying the resist technique the other night. The dragonfly card is just perfect xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Sam, & love the cute pics of Fraz! xx

ju said...

Great cards Sam - they have such style, beautiful.

LazyKay said...

Good variety here - like the middle three especially.

xxxxxxxxx

Mags said...

Great selection of lovely cards. I must get round to using the same stamp!!!!

Sorry I have not been on here, as you know, my internet has been rather c**p this last 2 weeks, but we're up & running again!

Blog Archive