I've had a couple of days holiday this week and yesterday I decided to play with the resist technique. You may not be able to see them very clearly but they are the main images on the card above and below
I used my new AI's to create these 2 cards. I only have 3 colours, juniper, willow and salmon. For the background of the top one I decided instead of dotting the colours around the card I would 'draw' lines with them instead. So basically I loaded the tool with ink and pulled it straight down a few times. I then stamped an image over the top using black archival ink. I'm not keen on the archival ink as I tend to smudge it, but this time it's worked out ok. I chalked the edges of the card to try and correspond with the AI colours.
Below I used the traditional method of dotting and swirling the ink on the paper, again stamped the image using the archival ink, matted the image onto a couple of different colours added a couple of flowers and a flourish from a cuttlebug die. I inked the edges and stamped across the top and bottom.
I stamped this paper with dragonflies, script, the TH scratches stamp using various shades of orange. The quote is stamped in olive green stazon. I inked up a piece of acetate with butterscotch, caramel and latte AI's and then stamped 2 dragonfly images with olive green stazon, cut them out and attached to the the card. The flourish is another cuttlebug die from the same set as above