Tuesday 16 June 2009

Canvas


Sue and I were having a 1 2 1 swap and one of the items on the list was a canvas. I used the Josephs coat stamping technique on the stamped image. Was quite pleased with the results apart from the stamp was probably too detailed. I covered the canvas is texture paste and then used my acrylic dabbers to create the bold bright colours and sectioned each piece and the edges off with the black. I cut the letters using the cuttlebug with the remaining card from the stamping technique above.

13 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fun canvas! Love the bright colours and of course the sentiment is one we should all remember and apply!

downrightcrafty said...

how I catching....... love the pink bits hun
Kate x

Beccy said...

Love the image the colours are great Sam - Sentiment is brilliant

Hugs Beccy xxx

Ellen said...

great colours Sam , I cannot make out what the stamp says /is but looks great with Joseph's coat on

sam21ski said...

Hi Ellen

The stamp says be silly and it's a boy with his glasses on upside down, but like I said in the write up, it was probably the wrong stamp to use as it had quite a bit of detail xxxx

Ann said...

Fabulous work as always Sam - I love the colours & texture!! I don't know this technique, but it certainly looks great!! Hope you're well xxx

Paper Paradise said...

Oooooh yummy texture paste, this has urged me to dig mine out again and have a play. It's funny how you forget about certain stuff until you see it in use again, hope I can find it now!
Sue x

barbara (AKA Bee) said...

it's yummy, bright, bold and bee-utiful....and you have introduced me to another great blogg. Thx Sam

Bee

ju said...

Very bold Sam, great stuff!

Zoechaos said...

Not seen this technique before love it all things bright and beautiful! Great piece reminds me of a well know painitng but cannot for the life of me name it or the artist now.

LazyKay said...

LOVE the texture and colours.

xxxxxxxxx

Mags said...

Wow, great bright colours used, love it!

mommabear said...

Fab I love all the colours

Blog Archive