Saturday 27 June 2009

Lotstodo Week 26 - Grunge Board / Paper



Polly gave me and Sue a clock mechanism on a cd to alter as a challenge between the 3 of us to see what we'd all come up with. The first thing I did was to take it apart and replace the cd with corrugated cardboard. I painted the cardboard with gesso and then added 3 shades of green acrylic dabbers, juniper, lettuce and citrus. I used hazelnut on the sequin waste to create the dots and frayed burlap crackle paint top left. The flourishes actually glimmer as I used Tims new technique with the distressed ink and perfect pearls. I used peeled paint distressed ink and green and brown perfect pearls. I cut the numbers in grunge board with the cuttlebug and painted them with espresso. Top right is a grunge board flourish from the mini set, I covered that with peeled paint distressed stickles. The arrow and the other flourish are cut from cuttlebug dies and patterned paper. The gear and the spinner are from Tims idea-ology range. And yes it does work, it's ticking away merrily as we speak!!!! Also the bottom is cut at an angle it's not my photography!!!

20 comments:

Beccy said...

Wow Sam that is soo clever looks real good an works too - amazing.

Beccy xx

Ang C said...

It looks fantastic!!!!!

Sid said...

Very nice Sam, love the colours in this piece !

Paper Paradise said...

I've been keeping a look out fot this, and it's been well worth waiting for. You certainly altered it well. Great idea and totally changed the whole thing. Love it Sam!
Sue x

Mags said...

Wow, this is great! Love it!

Laura said...

Looks great. Love the grungy colours and texture.

downrightcrafty said...

hi sam
totally unique in comparison to the others and very effective, love the colours and the flourish techniques
well done you

PS thanks for my lovely thank you - it is so pretty and I will treasure it, just going to locate a place for it near my craft corner to inspire me all the time

Kate
x

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous time piece so cleve use of all the different materials it just looks like they were meant to go togather here. Wonderful. hope you are feeling better as well

Angelnorth said...

Great clock Sam, love the various swirls and flourishes going on here!

Tine said...

Great idea!
I like your clock!
Tine

Claireabelle said...

It's brilliant Sam

ARTfulWings said...

Fantastic Sam - love all the techniques you've used on it - you and Sue are so talented xx

mommabear said...

Its fabulous Sam

Joy said...

Wow! Your clock is amazing Sam! xx

Ruth Philps said...

Wicked project Sam......totally unrecogniseable as a CD!! Love the names of the colours you have used and the grungeboard letters are cool...totally Timified!!

ps: are you feeling OK or are you taking the mick? Wantining some pink scalloped paper......I'll keep it hush hush if you don't want the others to know...NOT!!

I think it was from Immingham...I'll have a look tomorrow...It's Making Memories Love notes range I think....

Love Ruth xxx

Ellen said...

love the colour combination you used and the background

nice to have it ticking away nearby so you can look at it all the time . what???? pink sheet whats this??

sam21ski said...

Now just to set the record straight about the pink card. I don't want it for the colour, I want it for the shape. I've been asked to scrap someones wedding photos and I wanted some shapes. So a) it's not for me anyway and b) it won't stay pink!!!!

So don't panic, I haven't lost the plot - yet!!!!!

Glenda T. said...

Wow, this is great!! I love Timmy and all his techniques, he's the man!!

Lottie said...

I just love your work and your choice of colours - each time I visit there are always wonderful surprises.

Your collage work is absolutely brilliant. The way you effortlessly mix stamping and images is very clever.

crafty creations said...

Sam this piece is stunning - I love the way you've added all the different materials and brought them all together with subtle colouring - brilliant!!!

Blog Archive