From the front
From the back
Front from the side so you can see the dimension
Back from the side so you can see the dimension
Kath sent me a link to a blog full of inspiration, so I decided to have a go myself. I firstly got Martin to cut me a piece of wood, then covered it with metal which I'd run through the bug. I splodged it with expresso and pitch black acrylic paint.
I made the face and the 3 hearts from clay and baked them in the melt pot. I coated them
in micaceous iron oxide so I could colour them easier later on. I painted the face silver and the hearts copper and added a bit of gold rub n buff.
I bent the fork prongs to make the hair in the gas flames on the cooker, but if you try this be very careful, as I managed to burn my finger and thumb!! I used a piece of corrugated cardboard for the body and wrapped it in copper wire. The boots and arms are artgirlz charms. The cardboard piece has a piece of metal wrapped around it with a charm attached. The whole piece is attached to the wood by a nail.
For the back I used large silver mica flakes, coloured some of them copper and gave them a coat of mod pogde to seal. I cut a piece of wire mesh and attached it with rusty nails. Painted the letters with black acrylic and wrapped wire around them.
And the last thing I did was added some copper acrylic paint to the sides.
It took a while to make, mostly waiting for things to dry or cool down!!! But it was well worth it!!!!