Monday 17 September 2018

Powertex Creation


What can you do with an empty Corona bottle, tinfoil, bubble wrap and masking tape?


I rolled the bubble and placed it inside the neck of the bottle and secured it with masking tape.


I covered the bottle with masking tape and also covered the bubble wrap but at the same time, curved the bubble wrap. I left about an inch and a half at the top end without masking tape. I cut the bubble wrap in half.


I then put masking tape over each of the halves I'd created.


I decided the bottom of the bottle needed to be bigger so I added another layer of bubble wrap and covered it with masking tape. 


Emma kindly sent me some more Boodles which I wanted to use for this project.


I wanted a grey, so I poured some black and then added some white in. I used white NOT ivory. 


And I ended up with this grey which I quite like. I don't know how it compares to the lead coloured Powertex because I've never used it.


I cut off manageable lengths of Boodles and covered them in the grey Powertex. I opened the fabric out and wrapped them around the bottle and the bubble wrap covered in masking tape. I went up to the point where I'd cut the bubble wrap in half.


I covered some more pieces of Boodles in yellow Powertex and used them to cover the exposed pieces of masking tape. I then left it outside to dry.


Once it was dry I went over the yellow again because it didn't cover the lilac very well first time round, but with a second coat it now looks great.


And again I put it outside to dry.


I also touched up some of the grey where I found some splashes of yellow!


Have you guessed what it is yet?

No comments:

Blog Archive