Saturday 21 October 2017

Sew Saturday at Jaylaurs of Brigg


So today I popped along to Brigg (approx 20 miles) to a fabric shop, Jaylaurs, who were holding a Sew Saturday event which was on all day. There were lots of different taster workshops being held throughout the day. This is the first one that I did, English paper piecing patchwork. We got a bag of 15 hexagons, which was a tad ambitious, as you can see, I only mananged to complete three!!


Straight after was a crochet workshop. I've never ever tried it before and it's been on my wish list forever, along with learning how to knit. We got a set of instructions to take away too and the wool, so I bought a crochet hook so I could carry on.


Then I popped to Costa and got myself a coffee and let some other people have my seat for the next couple of workshops which were Christmas ribbons and inserting bias binding and piping! I attended the next one, creative embroidery. The pack to do the workshop was £6 for all the above materials and we all also got a piece to practice on. I think we learnt how to do about 5 or 6 fancy stitches.


And of course I couldn't come away without buying something. I found these lush laces in black, purple, pink and red. The white and natural are more like cotton trims.

It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon of my birthday.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Glad you've have a great birthday, trying something new. I was hopeless when I tried crochet. Love the laces.

Blog Archive