A while ago I decorated a ceramic plate and Lesley asked if she could have a matching mug, and although I do have a mug, I decided to make her one using a fancy pot because they are not safe to drink out of as they've not been thrown back in the kiln and glazed. So again, I painted the pot in deep scarlet from the DecoArt multi surface satin range.
So to add the splats, I turned it upside down, covered the bottom and literally threw the black carbon acrylic from the media range at it.
I also used a pallet knife to create some of the lines.
And finally I gave it a couple of coats of DecoArt satin varnish.
I think it looks a bit oriental, I hope she likes it and will use it for her pens and/or brushes.
All products used are from the DecoArt range.