Whilst at Harrogate and the Dome watching Leandra of Paperartsy demoing an image/photo transfer technique using satin glaze, I was amazed how well they transferred and how quick the process was. So I bought a bottle and have been having a play.
You need to print from an inkjet printer onto acetate. I was slightly concerned with this as I have a deskjet printer, but decided to give it a go anyway. I have since found out that any printer which takes ink cartridges is an inkjet printer, the manufacturers just call them different names.
This is immediately after I've taken the acetate off and they are still very wet. I was going to wait for them to dry, but me being impatient, I zapped them with the heat tool, which you can do without any harm coming to them.
I tried them on all different weaves of fabric, this one is quite an open weave.
This weave is the loosest and it's the lightest of the fabrics.
This one was quite a heavy weight fabric with a tight weave.
And this was the tightest weave.
These are all 4 pieces together so you can see the different fabrics and weaves now they have been dried. But as you can see the images have transferred perfectly.
Then I decided to apply some colour using the Paperartsy Fresco Chalk Paints.
I used pumpkin soup as a wash on this one, dried it and went back in with nougat.
For this one I turned it over and coloured it from the back as I wanted a more subtle colour.
And this is the view from the front.
I used Baltic blue on this one, I really watered it down, and I also coloured the images with it.
And finally, for this one I sprayed the fabric with water first and then applied the paint around the outside edges. I used my favourite colour, Guacamole.