Saturday 31 July 2021

Altered Bottle using Natural Products


I was gifted another couple of gin bottles.


Painted them with black powertex.


Put on a coat of metallic green paint, then a coat of PVA glue, then a coat of black powertex and used the heat gun to make cracks to reveal the green underneath.


I used some natural bits and pieces that I found whilst foraging.


I stuck them onto the bottle with heavy body gel as I didn't want to ruin the background.


Then as I wanted them to go hard and be sealed, I carefully painted them all in a layer of black powertex and left them overnight to dry.


I was very kindly gifted some terragreen powertex pigment and I just love it so I had to use it on this arrangement.  I then added some gold over the top as well.


And a close up of the front.

#rusteffects #powertex #upcyclingchallenge

No comments:

Blog Archive