Sunday 22 July 2018

Powertex Garden Party - Day 2


So before we start todays adventure, I thought I'd start by showing you what we got in our purple bags and also what we got to drink our bubbly out of at the end of yesterday.


Close up of the glass that Tracey made for each of us. Every one was different.


This is what my canvas looked like this morning after being left to dry and crack over night.


Close up of the mucky mess corner including the balls.


Close up of the cracks using the 3d flex.


And the frame and skull.


Whilst I was outside, I took the opportunity to take a close up photo of the communal totem pole.


So then, to today's activities. First up we needed to retrieve out brushes which had been kindly washed for us. The fairies must have done it!


Aprons on.........


Teas and coffees on the go.


For about the first hour or so we got the chance to titivate and add stuffs to our horses / unicorns, which most people took advantage of.








The unicorns were put outside to dry off.


My horse found himself in a field.



At this point I went for a little wander around the grounds and as promised a photo of the wigwam tent with the message tree inside.


Then we made a start on our canvas's.


After a quick demo from Tracey, everyone started to add some colour.



I managed to get a smile from all of our table!!


This one is Tracey's and something like what we were going for, but in fairness, she had used hers to show people what different colours looked like.


This is how mine went, and yes, before you all start, there is pink in there!


And this was what I ended up with once I'd decided I was finished.


Everyone just adding their finishing touches before we broke off for lunch.


Lunch today was a jacket potato with a choice of various lush fillings, I just had cheese.


Another wander around the garden and some close ups of the fab sculptures made by David and Patricia Williams who are Powertex tutors. Patricia has given me permission to show you these close ups so please enjoy the next few photos.






Then back inside and into the shop area where there are lots more beautiful pieces. I've just selected a few of my favourites.





I put my finished canvas outside just to see if the pigments shimmered in the lovely sun.


And Tracey just happened to be walking past when Kerry was taking a photo of me and my canvas.


So after lunch we went back to our horses / unicorns as they needed some colour. 


People down at the front choosing their colours.


This is Shelagh. We had a great laugh and loads of good old fashioned banter was had on our table.


Kerry went for a rich red, Shelagh a denim blue and Yvonne a lovely green.


Michelle and Gary having a leisurely walk through the tent to see what everyone had been up to.


I went for a purpley colour with silver and gold hi-lights.


And then on the other side, I went for an orangey colour with copper and gold hi-lights.


And this is what he looks like from the front! Split personality!

Throughout the day I was in and out of the dressing up booth, so when I come across the photos, I will add them to the bottom of this post.

***Here's the first one - in disguise!


Me, Janice (from Hochanda), Amanda (chocolate maker) and Anna (powertex tutor).

Check out the official photos here.

No comments:

Blog Archive