Thursday 26 July 2018

Felt United - Textures


Over on the Living Felt Facebook page, Marie is asking for contributions to the above. There are certain rules you have to follow, but not many. Has to be square or rectangular, no side bigger than 16" or smaller than 4". One colour family and has to have texture, as that is the theme.


As it can be wet felted, I decided to see what I could do. I rummaged through all my boxes of stuff and pulled a few things out to try.


About two hours later I ended up with this. I wasn't that happy with it to start with, but once it had started to dry a bit the textures started to appear. It ended up being 15" by 9" approx.


The silk really ruckled up when it was drying out creating some great texture.


This was a long lock that I twizzled round and stuck in a heap.


This was cotton scrim, which again eventually created some ruffles.


Another piece of silk.


Not really sure what this is but it's like big baubles of wool on a string.


And this is piece of textured material, it's like the mulberry bark paper, but it's a material.

Shall be posting it off to the USA this weekend.

No comments:

Blog Archive