Sunday 10 June 2018

Highland Cow


I've wanted to make a highland cow using Powertex for absolutely ages, but couldn't find anyone running a workshop on one at all. Then I enquired to what animals were covered in this book and low and behold, a highland cow was one of them. So I bought the book.


Using bubble wrap, wire, tin foil and masking tape I created the basic shape.


I mixed some stoneart and powertex together to make a clay and covered the whole area.


Added some features to the head.


Once the clay was completely dry I added the powertex and the coat. I decided to use the bronze.


This is what I used for the top coat. Sheep locks!


I 'painted' the clay with the powertex in the areas that I wasn't adding any wool.


And finally after about 5 days of leaving it to dry (and getting some sunshine) I added the pigments to further bring out the textures.


I really love how he's come out.


And he looks very happy grazing in the grass!


I gave his horns a coat of satin varnish.


I might even put a ring through his nose!!

He isn't staying outside, he is now sat on my window sill in the dining room.

No comments:

Blog Archive