Friday 8 June 2018

Egyptian Influence


I decided to use a piece of corrugated cardboard as my substrate. I got some rather interesting packing recently and wanted to incorporate it too.


I placed some of my recent clay pieces made from Artyco moulds, where I thought I wanted them.
Next I chose the fabulous new heiroglyphics stencil from Artzone designed by Debs Wainwright. 


I cleared the corrugated to create the background using white modelling paste and the fabulous Heiroglyphics stencil. I decided to go all over rather than just where I thought I might need to put it.


Once dry I placed all the other pieces back on and covereded everything in black powertex.


As you can see, everything was covered really well.


Once completely dry, I dry brushed the whole piece with gold pigment to bring out the details.


Close up of the dry brushing. You can really see the details from the stencil. 

1 comment:

Pat Crossland said...

Absolutely Fabulous Sam....

Blog Archive